Covid 19 UPDATE 1.8.2020
I resumed face to face work from the 24th July and, in addition to the normal Treatment Form, there is now a Covid 19 specific form for new and existing clients to complete. This will ensure we meet statutory and insurance requirements. Here is the content of that form, in all its glory (!) just so you know what is coming :
Treatment Form: Supplementary Information v 2020.8.1
To comply with government guidelines, and to keep you, me and other clients safe, this form must be completed and added to your existing client form. The information will allow me to assess risks so that I can make an informed and appropriate decision on the best treatment to offer you. It will be kept securely for 7 years from the date of your last treatment, as per legal requirements
It is your responsibility to inform me of any changes in your health, including those relating to Covid-19. I accept no liability for adverse reactions to treatments resulting from none-disclosure (in writing or emailed) of health information.
YOUR APPOINTMENT – ILLNESS AND CANCELLATION
If you have made a booking but develop signs or symptoms of illness, please do not attend your appointment. Please contact me as soon as possible to cancel. For the remainder of 2020, I will not charge for cancelled appointments if they are cancelled at least 3 hours ahead of time, but I will continue to charge 100% of the treatment fee for a ‘no-show’ (failure to cancel before the appointment time).
COVID 19: ITS IMPACT ON PROCEDURES AND TREATMENTS
The government guidelines allow therapists to work in the high risk zone with clients (facial treatments) with effect from 15th August 2020 (tbc); treatments can be provided if risks are mitigated ( https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/close-contact-services 9/7/2020 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/our-plan-to-rebuild-the-uk-governments-covid-19-recovery-strategy/the-next-chapter-in-our-plan-to-rebuild-the-uk-governments-covid-19-recovery-strategy–2#continuing-our-plan-to-rebuild).
Following a risk assessment, the following steps have been taken to mitigate risk to clients and staff:
- Certificated training courses in the following –
- Risk Assessment Checklist for Returning to Work in a Covid-19 Environment Certificate
- Hygiene in The Workplace/Salon (Covid-19) Certificate
- First Aid Plus Level 3 Certificate – incl. latest Covid-19 adjustments to resuscitation
- Upgrade to therapy room features and layout –
- Redecoration, new flooring and furnishings – all hard surfaces, making sanitising easy
- Removal of surplus soft furnishings and non-essential items in the treatment area
- Room divided by full height antibacterial/waterproof curtains, separating treatment area from admin area
- Treatment area located between window and French doors providing excellent ventilation
- Avoiding cross-contamination –
- Client to attend alone, bringing with them their own water bottle, text when they arrive and wait in car until escorted in
- Client to wash hands immediately on arrival and before departing (extra washing/sanitising during treatment, if necessary)
- Staff – Hand washing before, during (as needed) and after treatment
- Sanitising and disinfecting regime of equipment and surfaces before and after each client
- Fresh linens/towels for each client
- Only one client will be on the premises at a time
- Staff to wear face mask and/or visor, depending on treatment zone, and gloves where necessary
- During the client’s visit, we will strive to maintain social distancing of 1-2m for as much time as possible, i.e. close contact time will be kept to the minimum possible whilst balancing this with delivering an effective treatment (treatment time, up to 45 mins)
- Online payment method preferred
- In the event of an outbreak of Covid-19 being linked to Sound Therapy Malvern staff and clients, you consent to Sound Therapy Malvern sharing contact details with the government’s track and trace service. In the event that I, my family or any clients display signs or symptoms of Covid-19, I will contact you, as well as notifying the authorities, as I am required to do.
- Limiting / modifying the range of treatments offered –
- Coagulopathy and Thromboses. There have been several medical articles published indicating that there is a link between Covid-19 and the development of blood clots in people who have had a serious/fatal case of the virus [https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-07-complications-covid-von-willebrand-factor.html?fbclid=IwAR3wWMAeev1wNexLYer2XJ3B6lruC0rNuan_ittAdCl-TEb0fMKCW3elyXU also https://news.weill.cornell.edu/news/2020/07/what-is-known-about-covid-19-and-abnormal-blood-clotting]. Blood clots are obviously a very serious condition. If a clot breaks up and part of it gets to the heart, the lung or the brain, it can have terrible consequences and even be fatal.
It is unknow to what extent this might be a problem for those who have recovered or if it might be a problem for those who are asymptomatic. In complementary practice, clotting issues are a contra-indication for massage. However, regarding this issue, there is no government guideline or advice from professional associations indicating whether it is safe to do on-body work at the moment. Our insurance companies are only following government guideline. Some clinics are going ahead with massage and others aren’t.
Here at Sound Therapy Malvern, we will take into account the above concerns and make modifications, as necessary. These are the treatment we will offer:
CLASSIC SOUND HEALING THERAPY – Modified toning and instruments (not singing or chanting – moist air from the lungs carries the virus out with it)
VIBRATIONAL FASCIA RELEASE TECHNIQUE – Modified (skeletal work: skull, spine, joints, ligaments, tendons – I will not be working on the leg muscles at the moment until we know more about coagulopathy and Covid-19).
GROUP SOUND BATHS – Modified (outdoors, up to 5 clients, social distancing rules apply)
|Address: Post code:|
Have you tested positive for Covid-19?
If yes, how long have you been testing negative?
Have you been advised that you had Covid-19 due to symptoms without a test?
If yes, how long since your symptoms cleared?
Have you been ill with any of the following symptoms in the past 6 weeks?
- High Fever
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste/smell
- New, continuous cough
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle and/or body aches
- Changes to your skin eg unexplained rash
- Unexplained bruising on your feet or toes
- Clots or DVT
Has anyone in your family unit been diagnosed with Covid-19?
Are you/have you been in contact with them while they were asymptomatic/symptomatic?
Date of your return
Did you self-isolate for 14 days? Yes No
Are you or anyone in your family unit shielding?
Are you in the high-risk group for Covid-19 i.e. received a 12-week shielding letter from NHS? Examples…….
Have had an organ transplant. Are having chemotherapy or antibody treatment for cancer. Are having intensive radiotherapy for the treatment of cancer. Are having targeted cancer treatment that can affect the immunity. Have had a bone marrow or stem cell transplant in the past six months or are still taking immunosuppressants. Have been told by a doctor that you have a severe lung condition such as cystic fibrosis, severe asthma, or COPD. Have a condition that means you have an extremely high risk of infections such as SCID or sickle cell. Are taking medicines that make you more likely to get infections (such as high dose steroids). Have a serious heart condition.
If you come into the high-risk group, I will not be covered to treat you with Vibrational Fascia Release Technique (weighted tuning forks used on the body) until the Covid-19 pandemic is over, or you have been cleared to come out of shielding.
Are you in the moderate risk group for Covid-19? Examples…..
Over 70. Pregnant. Have a non-severe lung condition (asthma, emphysema or bronchitis). Have heart disease. Have diabetes. Have chronic kidney disease. Have liver disease. Have a condition affecting the brain or nerves (such as Parkinson’s, Motor Neurone, MS or Cerebral Palsy). Have a condition that means you have a high risk of getting infections. Are taking medicine that can affect the immune system (i.e. steroids). Are obese (BMI of 30 or above)
If you come into the moderate risk group, I may have to get the ‘all clear’ from my insurance company to treat you using Vibrational Fascia Release Technique treatments (VFRT – weighted tuning forks used on the body), or you can obtain a letter from your Doctor giving permission for therapy to resume/begin.
COVID 19 UPDATE 22nd June 2020
I am back to work for online Biofield Tuning, Reiki and Sound Healing via Zoom, WhatsApp, FB Messenger, etc. and outdoor ‘no contact’ treatments, maintaining social distancing …. Hurray!
Loving my newly refurbished treatment room (thank you Charlie!). It’s almost finished. I just need to get the new storage set up for soft furnishings and doors on the book cases. Then it will be super easy to wipe down and mop before and after appointments (#covid19riskassessmentcheck #covid19reopeningpreparation)
Looking forward to seeing people indoors in the not too distant future, hopefully (depending on advice from the Government, professional association and insurance), as well as the distance , ‘no contact’ treatments I am now currently doing 💗
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”
My journey to discovering sound therapy was long and winding, but each step along the way built upon the previous steps. It has taken me from outdoor education, to riding school proprietor, adult education teacher, charity sector manager, ‘therapeutic parenting’ specialist foster carer … all the way through to sound therapist (College of Sound Healing Practitioner), Biofield Tuning Practitioner, and now a Vibrational Fascia Release Technique (VFRT) Therapist.